WEVA - Advocacy Center

Contact Us
$1,130 - $2,085
monthly, tax-free
do you qualify?
Learn More
Making a difference...
throughout southern California every day!

We serve you now... because you've earned it!

Request a brochure

Upcoming Events

Service RecordsMost service members and their next-of-kin can obtain free copies of their DD Form 214 (Report of Separation) several ways.

Visit archives.gov for more complete instructions.

• NOTE: If the next of kin is requesting the records, a copy of the veterans death certificate must be provided.

Pdf Instruction Sheet

Replace Lost Medals and Awards For information regarding how to request replacement of lost or damaged medals and awards, visit archives.gov.

Requirements for Application Submission An original or certified copy of the applicants' honorable release from duty must be submitted with the application.

Visit The National Archives Website

Periods of War Time


WWIApril 6, 1917, through November 11, 1918, inclusive. If the veteran served with the United States military forces in Russia, the ending date is April 1, 1920. Service after November 11, 1918 and before July 2, 1921 is considered World War I service if the veteran served in the active military, naval, or air service after April 5, 1917 and before November 12, 1918.

WWIIDecember 7, 1941, through December 31, 1946, inclusive. If the veteran was in service on December 31, 1946, continuous service before July 26, 1947, is considered World War II service

Korean Conflict

KOREAN CONFLICTJune 27, 1950, through January 31, 1955, inclusive.

Vietnam Era

VIETNAM ERAThe period beginning on February 28, 1961, and ending on May 7, 1975, inclusive, in the case of a veteran who served in the Republic of Vietnam during that period. The period beginning on August 5, 1964, and ending on May 7, 1975, inclusive, in all other cases.
(Authority: 38 U.S.C. 101(29).